Monday, December 22, 2008

monday updates

Found a good link for setting up mod_python on leopard:

http://blog.amber.org/

The blog itself is clever, but not my style of politics. Too MacTrendy for me.

Anyway, the info seems accurate.

Also, I'm going to reformat the linux side, make a bigger partition for opt. I checked out the amount of megs per gig, and it comes to 1024, which makes sense. so that's about 122880mb for 120gigs. Which in my mind sounds like "twelve-twenty eight-eighty".

Found a new and more interesting version of MacVim, which I intend to use.

The Xcode download is insanely large, about a gig. So I'm going to hold off on that for a bit.

I'm going to stick with flex3 trial instead of the full version. For all I know, by the time I'm ready to start using it, they'll have another version out, which will mean I'll have to pony up another $99 to upgrade to. Better wait until I'm ready to start working with it.

Python - to use 2.6 or 2.5? Do I use the default or the mucky version? I have to find a version of IDLE that doesn't look horrible. If Xcode has that, I'll stick with theirs.

No comments:

Post a Comment