Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Git it!

Well, before I go to the big Kahuna, that is, setting up mod_python and Django, I want to digress into Git.

I've toyed around with Git for a while, and I found it very easy to use. Now I want to set it up so I can use it with all my projects. I also found a nifty site where I can store my repositories for backup, or sharing, or whatever.

Well, you can download and read all about Git at their web site. And the public/private repository is called GitHub. You have to pay for private repositories. But I think the rates are fair.

Since I like pain, I downloaded a source package and compiled it. No sweat.

Simply cd into the directory from the command line
./configure
make
sudo make install

and you're good to go.

Well, I've been putting this off for long enough. Now it's time to get Django running.

Next up: Mod_Python and Django!

No comments:

Post a Comment