Thursday, December 18, 2008

reformatting my hard drive

I have a 2.33Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo mack with 2gb memory.

Currently running Tiger 10.4.11

Now I'm sick of it.  Every couple of months firefox starts to go wonky, and then I have to hack through the system trying to get it to work.  Finally, I've had enough, I'm buying bigger, faster hard drive, I'm going to install leopard on it.  And then I'm going to put a linux partition and a windows partition (with xp).

This blog is going to detail everything I do to get my system back up and running.  I've always wanted to keep some kind of record of it, and with a newly formatted hard drive, this will be my chance.

So the first step was moving all my files to a backup drive, did that last night.

Tomorrow morning I'm going to drop this off at Tekserve and get the ball rolling, hopefully I'll get my computer back on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment